Are you looking for Christmas Makeup Ideas for 2022? For the coming holiday season’s parties and meetups, you may need help deciding on a makeup look that will work for all your engagements! Every day, we see a new trend on social media – from glittery eyeshadow to sparkly lipstick. The perfect Christmas party makeup look will make you stand out while feeling festive.
Christmas Makeup Ideas For 2022
Whether you’re going to a party, staying home and getting more glam for your family, or just want to dress up for everyday life this Christmas, check out these 10 Holiday makeup ideas.
1. Sparkly Copper Eyes
As the holiday season approaches, many women start to think about what makeup look they want to go for. Some choose a traditional look, while others go for something more festive. If you’re looking for festive makeup that will turn heads this Christmas, consider using copper eyeshadow as your base. Copper eyeshadows are known for their intense colour and shimmery finish, which makes them perfect for adding extra sparkle and glamour to your holiday look. Here are five easy steps to creating a sparkling copper eye makeup look:
1) Start by applying a light primer layer to your eyelid and around your eye area. This will help prepare the skin for the application of the eyeshadow later on.
2) Choose your favourite copper eyeshadow shade and apply it directly onto the eyelid with a brush or applicator. Be sure to blend it into the surrounding skin to look evenly distributed.
3) Next, use a darker brown or black eyeshadow shade to create depth and definition in the creases of your eyelids. Use slightly less pressure when blending this shade into the surrounding skin so that it doesn’t create harsh lines or edges.
4) Finally, add lightening powder in an orange or gold hue to give your eye makeup a radiant finish. Be sure not to overdo it, though – just enough will do!
2. Berry Red Lip
Berry red is perfect for that holiday look! Start by applying a light coat of your chosen berry-toned lipstick to your lips. Next, use a darker colour to fill in areas lacking pigment. Finally, top off your look with a gloss, and you’re ready!
These five tips will help you create the perfect Berry Red Lip look:
- Use a light coat of berry-toned lipstick on your lips.
- Apply a darker colour to fill in any areas lacking pigment.
- Top off your look with a light gloss for added shine and definition.
3. Bejewelled Smoky Eyes
Looking for a unique and glamorous Christmas makeup look? Try bejewelled smoky eyes! This look is perfect for anyone wanting to stand out from the crowd. To create this look, start by applying a primer base to your eyelids and around your eye area. Then, use eyeliner to draw a line along your top lash line. Next, fill in your lower lash line with a popping pink shade, and extend the line up towards the corner of your eye. Finally, sweep a dark pink shade along the outer edge of your eye. To finish the look, apply rhinestone stickers to your lids and around them and blend well.
4. Sapphire Shimmer
Sapphire Shimmer eye makeup is the perfect look to adorn this Christmas Eve or the day after when the weather starts to turn colder.
To create these looks, start by applying a light coat of your favourite eye shadow in a light purple or blue colour. For the lid, use a darker shade and blend it into the base of the eye shadow. Finally, add some shimmery eyeshadow to the crease of your eye and use a brush to apply it evenly.
5. Winged-Out Grey Shimmer
Looking for a little extra shimmer and shine on your winter look? These winged-out grey shimmer eyes will do the trick! This eye makeup can be applied in several ways to create different looks. For a subtle, natural look, use a light sweep of grey shadow over the entire lid and blend well. For an evening out, add more depth and sparkle with a layer of charcoal or silver shimmer eyeshadow mixed with black primer. To finish off this glamorous look, apply lash extensions in jet black and top with a light dusting of grey highlights to give your eyes that added pop. Whether you’re going out or just want to go easy on yourself, these shimmery eyes are perfect for any occasion!
6. Soft Pink Glamour
Soft pinks are the perfect way to glam up for Christmas. They are feminine and delicate, making them a great choice for softening their look. Here are three soft pink makeup looks you can try this holiday season!
1. Warm Up with Soft Pink Eye Shadow: Begin by applying a light layer of eye shadow in a soft pink colour. Use a small crease brush to blend the colour into the creases of your eyes, and then finish off with a light dusting of powder over the top.
2. Add Some Contrast with Soft Pink Lipstick: Apply bright pink lipstick to your lips. Use an angled brush to ensure that the lipstick is applied evenly throughout your lips, and then finish off with a light dusting of powder over the top.
3. Finish Off with Soft Pink Nail Polish: To complete your look, apply soft pink nail polish to your nails. Be sure to paint both tips of each nail equally bright pink, then lightly buff the nails to achieve an even finish.
7. Low Key Lip And Dewy Skin
If your skin is dry, you may skip the highlighter and use a matte lip instead. You can achieve a low-key look with subtle lip colour and no liner or shadow. Dewy skin looks delicate, so choose a light but flattering lipstick. Try these three tips:
- Start with matte lipstick that will give your lips a flat appearance and help them stay dry throughout the day.
- Apply liquid lipstick in thin coats for an even finish.
- Avoid heavy contouring and highlighting, as they only make your skin drier.
8. Brown Smoky Eye
Looking for a dark and dramatic makeup look for your holiday party? Try smoky brown eyes. This look is perfect for anyone who wants to create an intense and dramatic look. Start by applying a primer to your eyelids and cheeks. Next, use a dark eyeshadow to create the base of your eye makeup. Use a light brown eyeshadow to create the crease, then blend outwards until you reach the outer corner of your eye. To finish off the look, use black eyeshadow to create depth and definition in the outer corners of your eyes. For an extra dramatic effect, apply false lashes and top them off with glossy lipstick or gloss.
9. Electric Blue Moment
Adding electric blue eye makeup to your Christmas makeup look will add a pop of colour and brightness to your face. This popular colour is versatile enough to be worn anytime, but it’s especially perfect for holiday celebrations.
To create the electric blue eye makeup look, apply a light layer of primer to your eyelids. Then, apply a blue eyeshadow shade directly onto the lid. Next, use a brush to blend the colour outwards towards the crease of your eye. Finally, apply a light layer of black eyeshadow on the top for that extra oomph.
10. Glazed Port Lip
Looking for an edgy and festive makeup look for the holidays? Consider a glazed port lip. This lip colour is perfect for those who want to stand out from the crowd but don’t want to go too overboard with their makeup.
Start by applying a sheer layer of your favourite lipstick to your lips. Next, add a little glazed port maroon matte lipstick to your lips, using circular motions to blend it evenly. Finally, top off your look with some gloss, and you’re ready to go!
Flaunt your look with these makeup ideas at every party.
Christmas is a magical time of sharing gifts, celebrating and spending quality time with family. It’s also a great occasion to dress up and take some selfies. To help you decide how to make your festive look, we’ve rounded up 10 Christmas makeup ideas to impress everyone! You can also try these creative cut-crease eye makeup look for this Christmas party look.